If every hour is worth a million pesos, what would you do with 24 million? How will you save it? How will you spend it? Will you invest it? Or throw it away? How will you use 115,200 heart beats, 28,000 eye blinks, 25,000 breaths, 5,000 steps? These are the investments a day brings, and all of us have it.
Matagal mo nang nai-plano na gumising ng maaga, pero mukhang #failnanaman. There are many benefits to waking up early pero #hiraplagi ano? Ok, I hear you. Try ulit natin.
Let me share with you The TOP 5 benefits of waking up early:
- It’s good for your body – an average human being has about 325 joints and moving each one makes you healthy.
- It’s good for the mind – mentally preparing for the day ahead leads to a stress-free living.
- It’s good for your faith – reconnect with God as early as you can. Spend these early times in gratitude for all He has provided for you.
- It’s good for your family – do not rush a simple smile or a heartfelt “Good morning!” to your loved ones. Start early, cherish more moments.
- It’s good for your job/studies – come to work/school early, relaxed and ready for the tasks at hand.
Ngayong alam mo na ang benefits, heto naman ang P.L.A.N. natin para magising ka ng maaga araw-araw:
- Place an ALARM near you – if its difficult to consistently wake up at 4AM, you need help. Set your mobile phones to wake you up.
- Learn to say NO and plan your nights – set yourself up for success. Your body needs rest. If you need 7 hours of sleep, then sleep at 9PM.
- Assume a morning time template for 21 days – Research discovered that it takes 21 days of repeated activity before it becomes a habit. If this works, congratulations! If it doesn’t we both need to find another way. The key is finding a template that’s compatible with you. For example, you can begin at 4:30AM or even 5:30AM, this will depend on how you plan your night.
- Name an accountability partner or two – have a friend or family check-up on you every night. Give them the power to be firm with you and keep you faithful to your goal.
Here’s my personal template and I’m giving it to you, free to use. Makakatulong ito at ang suggestion ko pa nga ay i-print mo ito at idikit sa paligid ng kwarto mo. The first few hours of the morning are critical, antok ka pa nga, so kung naka dikit ang schedule na ito sa pader, tiyak mapapadali ang umaga mo.
Your mornings can be very different and I think you need to invest more of your time to productivity. You can do it, I believe you really can!
I just finished the very first Career University workshop/seminar at LifeCity Church at the Holiday Inn. I really love speaking to young people because they’re always enthusiastic to listen. Special thanks to the student-participants from The Far Eastern University and the Polytechnic University of the Philippines, you guys rock! I felt your genuine thirst to learn something new.
Here’s a point I repeated several times:
It is great to stress God’s bountiful assurance that they will never be left struggling. God takes special attention in protecting the young. He is always available and they are never alone. It doesn’t matter what situation they come from. God doesn’t discriminate. He will respond when they ask, remember James 1:5 “If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. “
One particular slide I spent a great deal of time on was this:
This is heaven’s deal when you keep God involved in your career plans. 6 beautiful promises you can read from the book of Proverbs.
I was preparing a deck yesterday and had to look for the etymology of the word “career”. This word originates from the Latin word “carrus” which meant a “wheeled vehicle”. Your career is a journey, it’s not a place you arrive at, or a situation you find yourself in right now. Your career is a continuous journey from one stage of your life to another.
LOVE your journey. It gets exciting!
It’s a blessing that we get the opportunity to RESET life tuwing New Year. Parang computer na nag-hang lang ang peg, RESET mo lang OK na ulit.
Naalala ko tuloy ang story ni Jonah sa Bible. God had specific instructions for him to go to Nineveh. God had a plan, but Jonah disobeyed God and instead traveled the opposite direction, to Tarshish. Poor Jonah ended up swallowed by a monster fish. Buti na lang nag RESET si Jonah.
When I was in college I had a professor that I really disliked. He was the professor of my early morning class, and was the type that gave surprise essay exams at 8:00 AM! I would stare him down when he makes this announcement with a grin, well, until he would say the magic phrase, “you may open your books, class, this is an open book exam”.
I would then grab my thick history book and happily flip the pages.
20 years later, I’m in a bigger class… LIFE. This class continuously gives me hard unexpected and exhausting tests, likes giving it at the earliest of times, when I am the busiest, or when I do not have anything more in my pockets.
Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it. and it will be yours.
Is holiday-caused debt now knocking at your door? Are you now trapped by the “buy now, pay next year” scheme? I know how it feels. I’ve been there. I’ve racked up so much debt in the past that I struggled an entire year to pay it off. Now where do you go from here? There is hope, not all is lost.
God is able, beyond any shadow of doubt, without any ambiguity, to seriously look after you, your family and any of your immediate needs. Nothing is too small or insignificant, nor too big and daunting to God. He CAN and He WILL carry your burden.
Nothing, absolutely nothing can keep you from having what God wants you to have if you come to Him.
Every time you are pinned down by depressing a financial situation, remember that you are who God thinks you are.
“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
“Bagong taon ay magbagong buhay!”, do you remember this line? Every Filipino knows by heart this endearing song of our childhood. Itinuro sa atin ito ni Nanay, na tuwing bagong taon, isang bagong buhay ang maaari nating makamit kung tayo ay magbabago AT magsisimula muli. Ang nakaraang mga pagkakamali ay kapulutan natin ng mga aral para hindi na nga maulit ngayong bagong taon.
Ganyan din po sa usaping pananalapi. Our past financial trials and difficulties should be a firm lesson for us to learn from. The New Year is a blessing, an opportunity for us to begin our journey to financial success and freedom!
Halina, let’s take the first steps to a great and bountiful year of blessings!